Use and Care
THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS ARE WRITTEN FOR A SALON ENVIRONMENT BUT CAN EASILY BE USED IN THE HOME OR ANY OTHER LOCATION WITH SOME MINOR ADJUSTMENTS.
The Comfort Cape™ is designed for anyone to get their hair washed while sitting upright in a chair or wheelchair. The cape’s soft and flexible water-resistant fabric can be shaped to meet your needs. The cape functions best when it is square to the shoulders and the collar is firmly against the back and sides of the neck. A tighter fit will be created when your customer leans their head back slightly. We recommend your customer’s shoulders be above the height of the sink. This will enable the Comfort Cape™ to be angled downward allowing water to drain into the sink. With proper use and care your Comfort Cape™ will last for years and make shampooing easier.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR COMFORT CAPE
- Hand Wash Only. Do NOT Soak Cape.
- Squeeze excess water from the sides when finished.
- Air Dry Only. Placing the Comfort Cape™ under a salon hair dryer is acceptable if the fabric side is facing the blowing air.
- Do NOT put the Comfort Cape™ in a clothes dryer. It will melt the plastic liner.
- For Perms and Colors, we suggest wetting the cape first to reduce any discoloration that may occur.
PREPARING YOUR CUSTOMER
- Seat your customer with their back to the sink and their shoulders above the height of the sink.
- Place a towel on the customer’s shoulders and around the base of the neck. Clip it together in front to help keep your customer dry.
- Place a vinyl shampoo cape over the towel and fasten it snugly around the neck.
APPLYING THE CAPE
- Apply an optional neck strip to the back of your customer’s neck.
- Place the Comfort Cape™ onto the back and shoulders of your customer with the plastic side against their back and the fabric side facing up. The Velcro® strips should be in front of your customer’s neck. The Comfort Cape™ should lay square on the shoulders of your customer to allow a wider area for water to drain.
- Lift the customer’s hair away from their neck to allow the collar of Comfort Cape™ to lie flat and firm against the back and sides of your customer’s neck.
…IF USING VELCRO® TO SECURE CAPE
- The Velcro® strips are attached to the Comfort Cape™ so they face each other.
- Pull the cape forward against your customer’s neck and grasp the Velcro® strips near the neck. Press the strips together and slide your fingers along the two strips away from the neck until the entire strip is secured (see picture above). A tighter fit will be created when your customer leans their head back slightly.
…IF USING THE BUCKLES (OLDER MODEL) TO SECURE CAPE
(Download Buckle Instructions)
- Pull the cape forward against your customer’s neck and grasp the buckles where the elastic is sewn. Select the buckle combination to fit your customer’s neck: AC, AD, BC, BD (see figure below). Buckles coming within 1/2 inch of each other or slightly overlapping should be adequate.
- Rotate the right buckle about 90 degrees (1/4 turn) and guide it halfway through the back of the left buckle. Rotate the right buckle back 90 degrees (1/4 turn) to a vertical position and slowly allow the elastic to position the buckles against each other. The elastic should feel snug but not tight. You can gauge the tension with your finger between the neck and elastic.
Caution: Too tight of a fit may restrict blood or air flow.
POSITIONING THE CAPE DURING THE SHAMPOO
- The Comfort Cape™ should lay square on the shoulders of your customer to allow a wider area for water to drain.
- The flexibility of the Comfort Cape™ allows each side to be adjusted independently to assure water drains into the sink.
- Your customer’s shoulders must be higher than the lowest portion of the sink so the water can flow into the sink.
- The collar of the Comfort Cape™ should be firmly against the back and sides of your customer’s neck. The top of the Comfort Cape™ should be in front of their ears.
- Make sure the bottom of the Comfort Cape™ is inside the sink.
Shorter or Young Customers – If your customer’s shoulders are almost even with the height of the sink, seat them slightly farther from the sink (6-8 inches) so that the bottom of the Comfort Cape™ is in the sink. This will allow the cape to lie square and in front of their ears.
Geriatric (Geri) Chair/ Medical Recliner / High-Back Chair – If your customer is sitting in a chair that is higher than your customer’s neck, the Comfort Cape™ can be shaped into a channel around the chair allowing the water to flow into the sink. Eliminate any creases that may restrict the flow of water. The chair may need to be angled to the sink to allow the Comfort Cape™ to reach the sink.
SHAMPOOING / RINSING
- Your customer should sit upright with their head tipped back slightly. This allows a tighter fitting collar and helps prevent your customer from getting wet. Readjust the Velcro® if necessary.
- Turn on the water and adjust the water pressure & temperature.
- Place your cupped hand against your customer’s forehead hairline (palm open toward the scalp) while the other hand is holding the rinsing device.
- Wet the hair by moving both hands simultaneously towards the back of the head. Water should be flowing down the hair and cape into the sink. Move your hands and repeat steps 3 & 4 until all of your customer’s hair is wet.
- Shut off the water and shampoo hair normally.
- Rinse hair by repeating Steps 2 – 4. Shut off water when finished.
- Place a towel across the forehead to absorb any excess water after the final rinse.
Water may collect on the Comfort Cape™ or spill onto the floor if it is not angled properly with the sink. . If water collects during special applications, you may need to periodically lift the cape slightly from underneath to allow the water to empty into the sink.
REMOVAL OF THE COMFORT CAPE™
- Separate the Velcro® strips or twist the end of the inside buckle and let go. Do not pull on elastic as this may pinch the skin.
- Remove the Comfort Cape™ slowly to allow any water remaining on the cape to empty into the sink.
- Squeeze any excess water from the sides of the Comfort Cape™ and let the cape air dry.
Sobol Enterprises, LLC
PO Box 6158
Woodridge, IL 60517